Chess Attack is a playful form of chess emphasizing strategic thinking. Unlike chess, in Chess Attack pieces are not automatically taken—players take a chance to tip the scales of fate with a roll of the dice. Success in combat depends on how well you have prepared, and a little bit of luck. When attacked, your piece may only be wounded, or may even win the fight!
With this more realistic approach to combat, Chess Attack encourages you to organize your forces for attack and defense. You must think before you act!
Educational: Younger players will find the randomness of the dice roll fun and engaging—as they also practice the planning required for well-played chess matches.
All Ages 2 players 15+ min.
This is a free print-and-play game.
- Game Rules & Traditional Tilesets: Download here
- Custom Tileset – Animal Army: Download here <– NEW!
- Blank Tileset: Download here <– Make your own!
Related Games & Activities:
- Pirates vs. Skeletons – a 2-player dice-rolling game using pirates and skeletons to introduce early math.
- Cube-Or-ACK! – if you like games with math concepts hidden inside, try this strategic cube-building game using math manipulatives.
- Target Zer0 – construct an equation using dice rolls that will produce a result as close to zero as possible.
- The Royal Three – three different mathematically inclined games designed for two players using a deck of regular playing cards.