Skeletons are attacking the pirates while their ship is at anchor for the night. The pirates must roll well to stop the skeletons from climbing aboard. The skeletons must roll well to be able to seize the ship.
This game’s main mechanic is a dice-rolling competition scaling from each player rolling a single die up to a scenario similar to what is used in the board game “Risk“. Players will learn early math concepts, like how to recognize numbers, to add numbers, and to determine the greater of two numbers.
Ages 4+ 2 players 5-10 min.
This game is free to download on our Printables page.
Related Games & Activities:
- Game Dice Polyhedrons – templates for the six common multi-sided game dice (aka polyhedrons).
- The Bone Game – a card-matching game where players learn the names of the 23 major bones in the human skeleton.
- The Human Skeleton – a set of activities that will help with learning the basic facts about the human skeleton.
- The Royal Three – three different mathematically inclined games designed for two players using a deck of regular playing cards.
- Cube-Or-ACK! – if you like games with math concepts hidden inside, try this strategic cube-building game using math manipulatives.